Prev: Re: Origins Game Con Next: Re: DS II: Combat Walkers

Re: Origins Game Con

From: "Mark 'Indy' Kochte" <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:43:15 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Origins Game Con

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Allan Goodall stated:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:03:00 -0700, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker
> <s_schoon@pacbell.net> wrote:

[Origins and GenCon stuff]

> That having been said, I thought GenCon was the largest game con in
the world
> with 25,000 attendees last year. (That number is odd: I was there for
4 days
> so I was 4 people. If you think this is dishonest, ALL multi-day
events do it
> this way, including things like the Toronto Molson Indy and the
Olympics.)
> Spiel -- the huge board game convention in Germany -- however, had
well over
> 100,000 attendees.

Hmmm, is *that* how they do it! Well, I think that as one of the
organizers of GZG-ECC, I can say we don't inflate our numbers so!
How many people (seperate individuals) who showed up over the course
of the weekend is how many we had total.  :-)  I'm sure GZG-WCC does
the same. I certainly never considered it any other way (so gullible
me, I believed that the 25,000 or so at GenCon were all individuals,
not multiple counts of attendees)

Mk

(and as far as Andy's dance at the Safehouse being on the web

Prev: Re: Origins Game Con Next: Re: DS II: Combat Walkers