Prev: FT-Robotech conversions Next: Re: You got to see this!!! (RC Ship combat)

Re: You got to see this!!! (RC Ship combat)

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 06:33:05 -0400
Subject: Re: You got to see this!!! (RC Ship combat)

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> One problem I had with combat ships gaming now done is pretty much
18th
> direct fire 'move as close as possible and broadside' shooting. Ok,
even in
> the 18th there was some ranged shots, but you get the idea. This COULD
be
> made complicated enough to simulate longer range, including plunging
fire.

> However, I'm calling time on myself that this going overlong [OT].
Reply as
> you will, I'll hush up.
>
> The_Beast

The RC warship hobby doesn't use wussy stuff like infrared techno-geek
stuff
to shoot at each other.  They use real ponds and real ball bearing shot
fired
from compressed air "guns" on their ships.   The ships are designed to
get sunk
and refloated.

http://www.pittelli.com/warship/

http://www.pittelli.com/warship/photos/index.html

Prev: FT-Robotech conversions Next: Re: You got to see this!!! (RC Ship combat)