Prev: Re: More Club100 Ghurkas at Eureka Next: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire

Re: [SG] Needle Weapons

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:26:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Needle Weapons

On 17 Apr 2001 KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

> >Absender: bkb@beol.net
> > I was thinking that the needle weapons would be used primarily by
> > security and police rather than military.
>
> Just curious: Why do you think needle weapons would be especially
> suited for this purpose ?

Less likely to cause property damage that conventional bullets?

I could especially see this for spaceship/station security - you don't
want to be punching holes in bulkheads.

Aren't there already some sort of 'disintegrating' pistol round
available,
for use on airplanes? Bullets strong enough to go thru flesh, but which
shatter when they hit anything harder? You don't want holes in your
pressure seal at 35,000 feet; you'd want them even less out in vacumn.

Of course, this reasoning would make needle weapons degrade
significantly
against any sort of body armour, especially the hardsuit & PA types.
Perhaps give d8 or higher armour a free upward shift against needle
impacts?

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: Re: More Club100 Ghurkas at Eureka Next: Re: FT - No initiative simultaneous fire