Prev: Re: Small squads/random losses Next: Re: Small squads/random losses

Re: Small squads/random losses

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:12:40 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Small squads/random losses

On 19-Apr-01 at 14:53, Andy Cowell (andy@cowell.org) wrote:
> In message <ML-3.4.987705120.5202.books@babinga.dms.state.fl.us>,
Roger
> Books w rites:
> > Unless, of course, you treat your large squad as two fire-teams
> > and split off a detachment.  Then you are in the same boat. :)
> >
> > There are other disadvantages to small squads, close assualt a
> > squad of 4 with a squad of 8 and see what happens.	I'm neutral
> > on the arguement, it's just there is so much hostility to small
> > squads that it makes me want to jump in on the other side.
>
> Sure-- my 4 POWER ARMOR with auto-shotguns and flamers will KICK ASS.
> ;)

Those pre-combat rolls are really going to be rough on PA.  :)

> Actually, I haven't followed most of these discussions closely, but I
> was under the impression the majority of the list was PRO small squad,
> or at least pro fireteam detachment, under the mechanism you stated.

They like the det rules but there are complaints about munchkinism with
the small squad rules, even though the disadvantages seem to about
equal the advantage of extra activations.

Prev: Re: Small squads/random losses Next: Re: Small squads/random losses