Prev: Re: Small squads/random losses Next: Re: Small squads/random losses

Re: Small squads/random losses

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:32:00 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Small squads/random losses

On 19-Apr-01 at 14:26, Andy Cowell (andy@cowell.org) wrote:
> In message <ML-3.4.987703010.2088.books@babinga.dms.state.fl.us>,
Roger
> Books w rites:
> > >
> > > to gain the benefits of all those extra activations by using small
> > > squads, you run the risk of losing a lot of figures to the
> > > understrength rules.
> >
> > You aren't going to lose any more figures with small squads or large
> > squads.  The rules say you roll once per figure, not once per squad.
>
> True, but the effect could be much greater.  With four guys, even if
> you lose only a rifleman, that's 25% of your FP and almost certainly
> an FP die shift down.  A larger squad could possibly soak a loss or
> two with any immediate combat effect.

Unless, of course, you treat your large squad as two fire-teams
and split off a detachment.  Then you are in the same boat. :)

There are other disadvantages to small squads, close assualt a
squad of 4 with a squad of 8 and see what happens.  I'm neutral
on the arguement, it's just there is so much hostility to small
squads that it makes me want to jump in on the other side.

Roger (informed once that I would argue with a rock if there was

Prev: Re: Small squads/random losses Next: Re: Small squads/random losses