Prev: Re: [DSII] Scratchbuilt AA: The End Result Next: Crash - Thud - Boom

Re: stirred up by childhood memories

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 22:18:18 -0400
Subject: Re: stirred up by childhood memories

At 07:51 PM 4/15/01 -0500, you wrote:
>When searching through my parents house as they were doing some spring
>cleaning I chanced upon two items from my childhood:
>
>1) Anyone remember the game "Fortress America" by Milton Bradley? It
isn't
>too bad, but the interesting piece here is that the hover tanks for the
game
>look like they would make pretty good Class 1 or 2 tanks for DSII. And
the
>mech units would work for wheeled scouts or small APCs. Anyone ever use
>these pieces like this?

I've used the hovertanks as Class 2 hovertanks, armed with a turreted
HEL3.
 I've also used the city and lasertower pieces as parts of various
building
projects.  I have a couple of the APCs primed, but I probably won't be
painting them any time soon.

>2) I do not remember the company, but for the longest time my brother
and I
>would get small boxes of HO scale infantry and snap together vehicles -
>mostly WWII but some modern and WWI also. We had thousands of the
soldiers
>(literally) and several dozen tanks. I found 300+ of the infantry
(variety
>of poses and nationalities) and maybe 2 dozen useful tanks. I figure
since
>15mm works for Stargrunt, why not HO? I remember reading some things
about
>WWII battles using Stargrunt as a basis, but my cursory search turned
up
>zilch. Anyone know where I could find something like that?

The old Heavy Gear line was HO scale, but it's kind of hard to track
those
models down these days.  Someone on the list has, if I remember
correctly,
done a WWII conversion for SGII -- Mark Seifert, perhaps? -- but I'm not
sure who.  It's out there, though.  It's out there....

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [DSII] Scratchbuilt AA: The End Result Next: Crash - Thud - Boom