Prev: Picture of SG2, Zulu Warrior with Shield Next: Re: More Thrust

Upcoming game OOB

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:02:21 -0500
Subject: Upcoming game OOB

I have never stuck to any particular background with SG2.  I always
grab some figures and make something up on the fly.  I do this with
lots of games.	I'm trying to make an effort to build recognizable
forces and use published backgrounds, at least to help others into the
game.  So, here is, AFAIK, my first *ever* game using the GZG
universe.

Scenario: A Free Cal-Tex light infantry battalion has been assigned to
defend the FCT mining colony on "La Roca."  [Okay, I'm not paying any
attention to GZG geography!]  The ESU is attempting to take this
colony with a surprise attack.	This FCT platoon is defending a key
road into the colony against an assault by an ESU mechanized infantry
platoon heavily reinforced by tanks, power armor, snipers and
Indonesian Commonwealth airborne mercenaries.  If things go extremely
poorly for the FCT, they may receive reinforcements in the form of two
VTOLs packing GMS/Hs.  The FCT must hold the ESU off in time for
heavier off-world reinforcements to arrive, and this is a key location
on the battalion's flank!

Units will use unit cards for activations.  Off board artillery will
also be represented in the deck, with artillery falling on table when
the request chit is in incoming box 1 and the artillery unit's card is
drawn.	There are no reshuffles in the deck, and only one card per
unit.  When all cards are drawn, the deck is reshuffled.

ESU/IC forces use a different mechanism to enter the board.  They have
been advancing some distance under artillery fire, and thus won't
enter the board in a nice line.  The ESU players will pick a unit and
roll a d10.  If they roll 2 or better, that unit may start the game as
normal, and they roll for the next unit at 3+, then 4+, etc...	If the
roll fails, that unit may not start the game on the board, and the ESU
players roll for the next unit at the same number.  At the end of each
turn, each unit not on the board may roll to enter on the next turn,
rolling a 9 or 10 on a d10.  VTOL units may choose to loiter instead
of coming onto the table.

I will be allowing GMSs to fire at PA.	There is only a chance of a
single casualty, but he will be very, very dead and I'll probably
force some sort of morale check against the squad.

Quality and Morale counters were pretty much given out at random.
I'll probably not let the FCT go in with one of their anti-armor teams
at Shaken.

If everybody shows up and the game goes well, I'll publish a web
report.  You can see my data cards at
http://www.cowell.org/~andy/min/sg2/fct-esu.html

ESU:
Mechanized Platoon
  Command Squad (R2, Co)
    2 Riflemen (fp/imp 2/d8, d6 armor), 2 Medic Riflemen
  Command MICV (R2, St) Tracked, Size 3, armor 2/1, ECM d6, GAC/1
turret,
      AGL and SAW infantry support weapons
  Squad "adeen" (R3, Co)
    7 Riflemen, 1 SAW (d8/d8), 2 IAVR
  MICV "adeen" (G3, St)
  Squad "dwa" (G2, Co)
  MICV "dwa" (R1, Co)
  Squad "tree" (V3, St)
  MICV "tree" (R2, St)
Power Armor:
  6 R2, Co.  d6 mobility, d10 armor, d8 Sensors.  4x AAR (3/d8), 1x
    SAW (d10/d8), 1x AGL (d12/d8*)
Tank Platoon:
  Tank "adeen": V3, Co.  Tracked, size 3, armor 3/2, ECM d6, HKP/3 Enh
    turret, SAW
  Tank "dwa": R3, Co
Sniper:
  1 R2, St.  d6 mobility, d6 armor, d8 Sensors.  Sniping rifle d10/d10.
Forward Observer:
  2 G2, Sh
ICW Mercenaries
  Squad "adeen" (G1, St)
    7 Riflemen, 1 SAW (d8/d8), 4 IAVR
  VTOL "adeen": (V2, Co) VTOL, size 3, armor 1/1, ECM d8, RFAC/1 Enh
turret,
    2x SAW (door gunners), carries 10 infantry
  Squad "dwa" (V2, Co)
  VTOL "dwa": (R2, Co)

Artillery:
  4 support request chits
  Battalion artillery (starts box 2, 4")

FCT:
Light Infantry Platoon:
  Command Squad (R2, Co)
    2 Riflemen (fp 2/d8, d6 armor), 1 Medic Rifleman
  Squad Alpha (V1, Co)
    7 Riflemen, 2 SAW (d8/d8), 4 IAVR
  Squad Baker (R2, Co)
  Squad Charlie (V3. Co)
Anti-Armor team 1 (R1, Sh)
  1 Rifleman, 1 GMS/L
Anti-Armor team 2 (R1, St)
Forward Observer (G2, St)
  2 Riflemen

Mines: 4 Anti-armor, 2 AA/AP mix, 2 CMD, 4 Dummies:
Artillery:
  2 Support Request chits
  Company Mortors (starts box 1, 3")
  Battalion arty (starts box 2, 4")

Prev: Picture of SG2, Zulu Warrior with Shield Next: Re: More Thrust