Prev: RE: Toys from Jane's... Next: Re: Toys from Jane's...

Re: Toys from Jane's...

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:59:39 +0100
Subject: Re: Toys from Jane's...

Bob Makowsky wrote:

> Along with this I would add that in Stargrunt there tends to be a
small
> number of well trained troops on the board.  My take is that it is
expensive
> to move these troops.  Therefore they will be well trained.
>
> Yes your untrained folks should have trouble handling multi-ammo
weapons.
> But by the time they are green they have at least had the training in
how to
> use them.  There are already penalties built in to the system for
greens
> without the need to add a "Fumble the wrong ammo".

Not having any service experience, I'm not sure how this shotgun /
assault rifle combination differs from a grenade launcher / rifle combo
in the respect that they both require two ammo types. If the rifle and
shotgun together can cause problems in terms of finding the right ammo,
then surely so should an AR/GL ? To my knowledge, no-one has yet raised
that as a problem ?

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer

Prev: RE: Toys from Jane's... Next: Re: Toys from Jane's...