Prev: Re: Toys from Jane's... Next: Re: Toys from Jane's...

RE: Toys from Jane's...

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:39:11 -0400
Subject: RE: Toys from Jane's...

My idea was not to load and unload ammo holders. My idea was to have
cartridges (similar to the size of shotgun shells or grenades) that were
in
a separate magazine or chamber (similar to the underslung GL). When the
range fell below a certain level (such as in a close assault), the
Kra'Vak
would only have to either change a selector or pull a different trigger.
It
may only hold 5-10 rounds of the needle cartridges, but that should be
sufficient for the need at hand. After the immediate action it could be
reloaded.

Also, since we are talking SciFi here, the gun, itself, may select the
firing barrel and ammo type based on the distance to the target at which
it
is pointed. But I think that this is unnecessary, even a juvenile
Kra'Vak
would have the capacity to choose to use one, the other or both barrels
in a
given situation.

Related, how many rounds does an underslung grenade launcher hold (or do
you
have to reload it after every fire)? Is it normally carried loaded?

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org/sg2/