Prev: HOLOFIELDS Next: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:28:35 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

In message <002001c0c14d$d1cba280$3fb4893e@inty>
	  "Bif Smith" <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]
> Sounds logical to me. But would the advantages as a level 1 screen
against
> everything except plasma bolts balance out it`s advantages against
weapons
> that curently ignore screens? My feeling is it would require a mass
sligtly
> higher than a sheild/screen, btu couldn`t be used with sheilds active
at the
> same time (psb-the emmisions from the sheild cancell the advantages
from the
> holofeild).
>
> BIF
>  "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
>  strong in arms, thick in head"

Well, as written, it has a higher MASS and COST than a level 1 screen
(7% of hull MASS as opposted to 5%) - I was just wondering if this was
enough to cover the added advantages. (probably is).

Also, PSB for why you can't use it with a vapour shroud - the shroud
blots out the holo-distortions and so negates the effect :-)

It doesn't work with cloaking devices either (for a similar reason) -
not that anyone would notice ;-)

Prev: HOLOFIELDS Next: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields