Prev: Re: painting services? Next: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 20:34:18 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] WotW #7 Holofields

In message <000501c0bfe7$5cbe4d60$31c3893e@inty>
	  "Bif Smith" <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]
> I prefere this myself, a lot simpler and easier to use (remember,
KISS). The
> first seams too complexed for very little advantage. By the way, will
> someone please explain the PSB behind them to those of us that never
had
> SFB? (I think that is where the idea came from).
>
> BIF
>  "yorkshire born,yorkshire bred,
>  strong in arms, thick in head"

IIRC the PSB is some kind of 'holographic distortion field' that breaks
up the ships shape - making it harder to lock on to (one assumes that
the Holofield affects a wide range of EM wavelengths and possibly some
other sensor systems as well).
I think its from a Warhammer 40k space battle derivative - Battle Fleet
Gothic or the other one.

Prev: Re: painting services? Next: Re: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons