Prev: Re: Cross cultural war games Was: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: Re: Cross cultural war games Was: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Phalon Weapons and Defences

From: Jerry Cantrill <jwcantrill@e...>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 14:16:38 -0400
Subject: Phalon Weapons and Defences

The Summary for Phalon Weapons on page 45 of Fleet Book Vol.2 says that
the normal damage dice for Pulser Batteries are read as 1 to 3 = no
effect, 4 to 5 = 1 damage point and 6 = 2DP + reroll. Level-1 screens
negate rolls of 4; level-2 screens and vapour shouds negate rolls of 4
or 5.

We take this to mean that against level-2 shields, the Pulsers are an
all or nothing to hit on a 6. No complaint, we think this is an
interesting change of pace. We just wanted to make sure that we didn't
miss any "typo corrections" that this list may have discussed before we
joined.

Also, for the Pulser's PDS mode against Plasma Bolts, we agree that the
wording implies that they reduce the bolt by 1 only on a roll of 6. But
it could be that the Phalons know how to hit thier own weapons more
effectivly and thus the Pulsers could reduce the Plasma Bolts of a
different tribe by thier normal dice roll as above, that is as normal
PDS in normal situations. But like I said, this is only a thought.