Prev: Re: GZG lists - how many/addresses/digests supported/etc Next: Phalon Weapons and Defences

Re: Cross cultural war games Was: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 14:10:37 EDT
Subject: Re: Cross cultural war games Was: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

On Sat, 07 Apr 2001 10:00:19 -0700 Jaime Tiampo
<fugu@spikyfishthing.com>
writes:
>Glenn M Wilson wrote:
>
>> Most war gamers in the hobby seem to be (not necessarily in this
>order of
>> magnitude)
<snip a list of countries>
>Hey what about Canadians? We wargame here too.

As my aunt (the previously-Mexican one) might say - "Canada?  Oh are
they
different from other norteamericanos?"	<grin>	All in your viewpoint, I
guess.	<VBG> <snicker, snicker>

>> Part of this 'centric' war gamer aspect is that (Using myself as an
>> example) that we tend to game in one language.
<snip>
>>There is no way I would want to even consider war
>gaming
>> in Cherokee! <grin>)  Even most Europeans probably war game in one
>> language.
>
>And that was the Japanese won't be able to decode your messages
>either.
>:)
>
>Jaime

In the Pacific it was Navajo.

They also have better PR them the native peoples who provided the same
service in the ETO.  But then they have historically had particularly
skillful story tellers...

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French  - or  even human -  to be a 'frog'!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
aka - Warbeads@juno.com (historical miniatures) and
aka - Dwarf_warrior@juno.com (Fantasy and 6mm/10mm figures.)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: GZG lists - how many/addresses/digests supported/etc Next: Phalon Weapons and Defences