Prev: Firewalls and going places was Re: [DS2] Technoid Walkers Next: Re: Tonk Weapons

Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 00:30:03 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 22:54:49 -0600 (MDT) Chen-Song Qin
<cqin@ee.ualberta.ca> writes:
>On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Jaime Tiampo wrote:
<snip>

>> Mostly I'm putting in the east view on this being a bitter opponent
>of
>> the eurocentric model for everything. :)

I don't understand this exactly.  While I am Cherokee, Hispanic and
"Anglo" and I find a completely blindered view of  "...the REAL warriors
of the world are restricted to (fill in the blank) culture.." a sad form
of cultural blindness; there are some really cool European
cultures/warriors.  I guess I am supposed to assume the emphasis is on
the "...for everything..." rather then the "...eurocentric model..." but
it could be taken either way.  Also, if this is a knee jerk total
rejection of war gaming, say the SYW (I don't have any armies for this
but it's a good example,) just because it is euro-centric then it's as
bad as only seeing history/war games thru European Eyes.

>Hey, plus the cultures I mentioned had some cool equipment :)

Yes, just as some European (and to bring this back On-Topic  <grin>) do
some of the not yet cultures of the SF war game genres.

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel) You don't have to be
French
to be
a 'frog', or even human! Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard,
Dirtside 2,  Ratner's Space Marines and Full Thrust/FB1.  Resistance is
everything!
aka - Warbeads@juno.com (historicals) and Dwarf_warrior@juno.com
(Fantasy
and
6mm/10mm figures.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Firewalls and going places was Re: [DS2] Technoid Walkers Next: Re: Tonk Weapons