Prev: Re: (DS) Heavy Weapons Next: RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons

Re: prototype 6mm hammer slammer combat car photo

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:08:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: prototype 6mm hammer slammer combat car photo

--- Noel Weer <noel.weer@verizon.net> wrote:
> I do not think of combat cars as APCs either, but I
> was toying with the idea that they have a larger
> "crew" than the norm for a line vehicle that could
> conceivably bail out and actually function as an
> infantry line element. That is where the INF-1 came
> from originally, and I was hoping to see what the
> list thought of that concept. Add in the 3 Class 2
> weapons, and it forces it to a size 4 - which it is
> not. It looks like a large class 3. If I drop the
> infantry carrying aspect and it becomes a Size 3
> easily:

4 guys.  All armed with SMGs.  And if the car is dead
they are not going to be in the mood to tango.
Actually, IMNSHO

Medium hover AFV, open-topped, with 3 tribarrels and
gunners in open fighting compartment. Iridium armour,
fusion power plant. Slow GEV, class 3 (medium),
signature = D8. No stealth. PGN/1 x 3 on pintle
mounts, enhanced firecons. APFC.  Armour 3 (Iridium).
FGP. Enhanced ECM.

Is a better writeup for the Combat Cars.  PGN is a
longer-ranged DFFG proposed (along with that writeup)
in Jon Tuffley's Hammer's Slammers conversion for
DSII.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/slammin-the-dirt.html

Has the whole article.	It ain't quite
balanced--Powerguns are NASTY.	But it has the flavor
of the genre.

John

Prev: Re: (DS) Heavy Weapons Next: RE: [DS] Heavy Weapon Teams [SG] Laser weapons