Prev: Re: Gear Krieg Next: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 14:35:37 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras

<derekfulton@bigpond.com>
>wrote:
>
> >I read that 1 megapixels is equivalent to 100 speed ISO film, the
more
> >pixels the better resolution.
>
>I'm not sure where you got that idea from but it's not even CLOSE to
accurate.
>Sorry, Derek.

<all that good stuff about film snipped >

The source had was a book from the local library, one of those how to
books. Unfortunately it's not on the shelf at the local library (at the
moment) and working from memory is always a dangerous thing. But the
important point is, the more pixels the better the resolution and
currently
in the shops here, 2 to 3 megapixel cameras are comparable in price to
what
I paid for my 35mm SLR (Aust$800 -900). Based on the price drops I seen
in
the last 6 months the price will continue to drop, by the end of the
year a
good digitial camera will be affordable even to me :)

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: Gear Krieg Next: Re: [OT] Digital Cameras