Prev: Re: Fighters and Defense Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

Re: Fighters and Defense

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 19:34:05 +0200
Subject: Re: Fighters and Defense

Schoon wrote:

>>Except that a single interceptor squadron can dogfight multiple enemy
>>squadrons simultaneously, unless the enemy either sacrifices one of
his
>>own squadrons by initiating a dogfight or spreads his fighters out
>>enough that a single squadron can't contact at least 2 of his
>>squadrons.
>
>Most veteran commanders DO spread them out.

Depends a bit on how many of them you have. If there are only a few of
them you can afford spreading them out; if you have many, you often get
the choice of spreading them out and being unable to re-concentrate
them for attacks (in which case the PDS will hurt you worse) or not
spreading them out and getting jumped by interceptors :-/

It may of course be that our small distance scale and/or high
velocities are important here - I've never used massed fighters with 1"
MUs or on small tables!

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: Fighters and Defense Next: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense