Prev: Re: [SG] Leader Loss Questions Next: RE: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense

The Tonk Project

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@w...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:58:44 -0700
Subject: The Tonk Project

Hello all,

Well Phase One of the Tonk conversions is done.  I sat down last night
and in about a half an hour managed to convert the burly human faces on
the minis to the wide-mouthed froggy-faces of the Tonk.

This was surprisingly easy and I'm still wondering if I did a good job.
I'll be posting the green-work as soon as I can get access to a friend's
digital camera.

A few notes for the background of these beings -

They are large alien amphibians evolved from an animal similar to a
hippo in nature.  Environmental changes forced an evolution to a more
land-based and less aquatic being.  An abundance of high-placed and
hanging food stuff facilitated the evolution of hands and
reaching/grasping limbs and upright stature.

The world they come from is a cool temperate  swampy world with dim
light and a murky atmosphere.  Tonk have horrible daylight vision and
compensate with hi-tech optics (thus the goggles).  They are well-built
and tough with thick skin.  They are omnivores with a diet of insects,
small aquatic animals (think shrimp and krill), fruits and grains.

Thanks,

Eli

Prev: Re: [SG] Leader Loss Questions Next: RE: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense