Prev: 54mm FMASk, was Re: Just a thought Next: Re: Kh'iff

RE: Cheese factor

From: "Casquilho, Daniel" <Daniel.Casquilho@d...>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 08:49:51 -0700
Subject: RE: Cheese factor

Brian,

> I claim ignorance. I did try to find a more definitive term....

	I had the same problem myself. Too often people who have learned
things act like once they know them we all should know them. People who
act
like that are just asses.

	As someone who did not serve in the military I had a very hard
time
finding many of the "basic" pieces of knowledge. That is until I found a
couple of web sites. Let me share...

	If (and I say if) you want to build your TO&E on an American
model
then check out:

	http://www-tradoc.army.mil/pubs.htm

	and under "Command Publications" go to the "Field Manuals". Once
there go look at the FM7 series. You will find TO&Es as well as many
tactical issues. After that browse the whole site. Lots of info to be
had.

	Once you are done there then head over to:

	http://www.doctrine.quantico.usmc.mil/

	Click on "Marine Corps Warfighting Publications" and then look
at
"MCWP 3-1 Ground Combat Ops" This will take you to many of the USMC
Manuals.
Again Browse at will as there is a lot of great info here.

	As for John Atkins, ignore his rant. Knowledge is more fun when
it
is shared. Enjoy.

	Daniel

Prev: 54mm FMASk, was Re: Just a thought Next: Re: Kh'iff