Prev: Re: [SG] Scout units Next: Re: [SG] Scout units

Re: [SG] Scout units

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 15:12:18 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG] Scout units

"Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" wrote:

> OK.
>
> Size 2
> Armor: 2
> Power: CFE
> Mobility: Fast GEV
> FCS: Basic
> 1x RFAC/1 in Turret
> 1x GMS/L (Basic)
> 2x APSW (SAW)
> ECM: Basic
> Troop Capacity: 4 (1/2 Squad)
> Open Topped (Optional. The only picture I found was open topped)
> DS2 Points: 71.

This is the sort of thing I was thinking of. The basic Sdkfz 250 was
open-topped, but the 250/9 had a roof over the troop compartment with a
20mm turret (although the turret was open topped - it only had a mesh
screen to stop partizans or Maquis throwing grenades inside !).

> Or if you could give up the GMS:
> Size: 2
> Armor: 2
> Power: CFE
> Mobility: Fast GEV
> FCS: Basic
> 1x RFAC/1 in Restricted Turret (front 180)
> 1x APSW
> ECM: Basic
> Troop Capacity: 8 (1 Squad)
> Open Topped
> DS2 Points: 47

Too large - don't need / want that much troop capacity in the recce
unit.

> or
> Size: 1
> Armor: 1
> Power: CFE
> Mobility: Fast GEV
> FCS: Basic
> 1x RFAC/1 in Fixed Mount
> 1x APSW
> ECM: Basic
> Troop Capacity: 1 (1/2 Squad)
> Open Topped
> DS2 Points: 26
>
> As for 15mm Grav Bikes (until Club 300 comes around), you may want to
look
> for some Micro Machines Stormtrooper sets. I saw some in a dollar
store
> before Christmas (6-8 troopers in a package including a grav bike).
Not true
> 15mm, but perhaps close enough to do in a pinch.

I'm using GZG 15mm SG2 figures and want to stick to them. I can
scratchbuild the bikes, that isn't a problem, but I would prefer
'proper' NSL crew - I guess it's time to get converting.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Francis
Senior Software Engineer
Kuju Entertainment

Prev: Re: [SG] Scout units Next: Re: [SG] Scout units