Prev: [FH] Third world stellar nations Next: RE: (FT) Point Value for Hulls

Re: WotD Laser Targeting

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 19:43:46 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

On 30-Mar-01 at 19:51, Brian Bell (bkb@beol.net) wrote:
> I believe that quite a bit of the Rot Hafen story deals with a team of
> special forces. They would have been given equipment that is not
issued to
> the average soldier.

I will point out that most of the stuff I listed is almost current
or in development.  Yes, I've seen a picture and article on the
rifle, it does everything discussed and if it looks good will
eventually be issued to your average soldier.  The multi-freq
commo gear I think of as BS, I expect spread spectrum to
accomplish the same t hing, but that is beyond list scope.  The
only part that is not in the works AFAIK is the HUD, and I
can't see that as taking long.	Every one of these things makes
your average soldier "smarter" and more affective.  It will all
be issued to troops of nations that can afford such things.

Roger