Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: [FT] A Question Or Two

Re: DS2 scenario generators

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 20:47:49 +0200
Subject: Re: DS2 scenario generators

Jaime Tiampo wrote:

>>Looking for ideas on what others use as scenario generators for
>>DS2.Any opinions?
>
>History. My friends and I keep meaning to sit down and figure out A
>Bridge Too Far. We have the stuff to do it and we're insane enough to
>try :)

I've played Operation Market Garden in microarmour. (Don't remember the
name of the ruleset though - it's GDW's WW2 version of "Striker II", or
rather the other way around. Command Decision, maybe?) It... took a
long time to finish, you might say.

(And, interestingly enough, although the individual actions didn't play
out exactly like the historical ones - mainly because both sides had
read a lot about the real op and the German players in particular
decided to deploy differently than their historical counterparts - the
total Allied losses, and the time it took us to reach the various
bridges, matched the historical result almost exactly. Don't know about
the German losses though - I was much too tired at the end to care...)

If you want to recreate the feel of this operation in an SF setting,
don't let the attackers (British/US) use GEV or Grav vehicles :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] (LONG) The Balance of Power -- Fighters and a Defense Next: [FT] A Question Or Two