Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: [CON] Norwescon

Re: [FT] Comments on Glenn's aliens

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 09:43:43 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] Comments on Glenn's aliens

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:46:45 -0800 (PST) Shawn M Mininger
<smininger@yahoo.com> writes:
>If I remember correctly, you have to have a dedicated
>Fire Control PER Needle Beam

Well as the resident NB fanatic (well, of two?) I can tell you - only if
they fire on different targets.  FT page 18 - ( and yes, I looked
/after/
I typed the first part of the answer.  <grin>)

I really liked the NB as a "Nekton'ish" weapon (close, disable, board,
steal  - the ship)  When FTL was introduced to your culture by your
(eventually overthrown) enslavers you tend to take vengenance and
paranoia to a rather unbalanced degree.

Logic is an option in some aspects of Nekton Culture.  <GRIN>

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: [CON] Norwescon