Prev: [FT] Spare Parts was: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: RE: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question

Nekton First Cut in FB1 and Woes: a comparison (light) of NB in FT and FB designs

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 10:54:35 EST
Subject: Nekton First Cut in FB1 and Woes: a comparison (light) of NB in FT and FB designs

Okay, just a genre specific comparison of NB (might apply to all systems
though) in FB and FT/2nd:

I sat down with FT2 and sketched out the weaponry of a possible Nekton
Navy schema based on '...one preferred (by Nektons) armament scheme per
units of 2 mass..."

"Reef Sentinel" types

2 - submunition
4 - NB
6 - B (or C x2) and Submunition

"Needle Mouth Hunter" types

8 - NBx2
10 - PT
12 - NBx3
14 - A, B, C, Submunition
16 -  A, Bx2, C
18 - A, Bx3

"Large 'Shark'	Predator" types (yes I am using a Terran equivalent for
the Nekton creature)

20 - PTx2
22 - Ax2, PT
24 - A, Bx2, PT
26 - Ax3, B, PT
28 - A, C, PTx2
30 - PTx3
32 - Ax2, PTx2
34 - Ax2, C, PTx2
36 - A, PTx3

"Fearsome 'Kraken' Predator" types (yes I used another Terran
equivalent)

40 - Ax5, PT
48- Ax8
60 - Ax5, PTx3
80 - Ax6, B, PTx4

"Kraken Eater" types - used as flagships for 3 levels of Nekton Fleets -
School Eaters, Finned Terror, and Ocean Eaters.

Not finished when I got FB1 - plan was to be advanced sensor, ECM/ECCM,
and extra firecon designed with moderate weaponry for it's size.

Okay, I find there are a lot less NB and PT on the FB1 designs.  But
that
just be my learning curve thing...

But the flavor is still ther -

Mass 8 scout
average Hull 2 boxes
FTL
Drive 6
Firecon
NB

smallest FTL ship (there are no intentions of having a non-FTL ship in
the Nekton Fleet) to carry a NB.  Smallest warship in the fleet.

Mass 10 Corvette
Average Hull 3 boxes
FTL
Drive 6
Firecon
NB

Mass 20 FF
Average Hull  6 boxes
FTL
Drive 6
*2* Firecon
NB
Class-2, 3 arc

Alternate
Weak Hull 4 boxes
FTL
Drive 6
1 firecon
NBx3
PDS

Mass 30 DD
Average Hull 9 boxes
FTL
Drive 6
*2* firecons
PT
NB

Alternate
Weak Hull 6 boxes
FTL
Drive 6
*2* firecons
NBx2
PDS

Mass 40 DHAA
Average Hull 12 boxes
FTL
Drive 6
firecon
ADFC
PDSx6
Class-2, 3 arc
Class-1

Mass 50 LC
Average Hull 15 boxes
FTL
Drive 6
2 firecons
PTx2
NB
PDS

Alternate
same hull
same FTL
same Drive
same firecons
PT
NB
PDSx6

60 mass EC
Average Hull 18 boxes
FTL
Drive 6
2 firecon
Screen-1
NB
Class-2
AFDC
PDSx7

80 mass HC
Average Hull 24 boxes
FTL
Drive 4
*3* firecons
PTx2
NBx3
Class-3, 3 arc
Class-2, 6 arc
Class-1
PDSx5

100 Mass BC
Average Hull 30 boxes
FTL
Drive 4
3 FCS
PTx3, 3 arc
NBx3
2x class-3, 3 arc - angled to overlap in fore.

140 Mass BDN (new class)
Average Hull 42 boxes
Armor 14
FTL
Drive 2
2x class-4, 5 arc
/2/ FCS
(concession) 1 FTR bay (always interceptors)
PDSx9

Alternate (new class)
Strong Hull 56 boxes
(no armor)
FTL
Drive 2
3 FCS
1 FTR bay (as above, Lord this really galls the Nekton High Command)
PTx6, 3 arc
PDSx8

160 Mass SDN (old design, no new known)
Super Hull 80 Boxes
FTL
Drive 2
Screen-1
*4* FCS
NBx3
PT, 3 arc 6 (2 centered forward, and 2 angled to each side and
overlapping in fore)
PDSx6
Class-2, 6 arc x2

180 Mass SDN (new design)
Super Hull 90 Boxes
Armor 10
FTL
Drive 2
Class-4, 3 arc
Class-3, 5 arc
Class-3, 3 arcs x2 (angled to overlap in fore)
Class-2, 6 arc
3 FCS
PDSx6

200 Mass SDN (new design)
Strong hull 80 boxes
Armor 20
FTL
Drive 2
3 FCS
NB
PT, 3 arc x8 (half centered each side, overlap in fore)
PDSx7

"PC" (Convoy Close Escort - Patrol cruiser) New design
60 mass
Average Hull 18 boxes
Armor 6
FTL
2 FCS
Drive-3 (!)
NBx2
AFDC
Class-2, 6 arc
PDFSx5
Class-1 x5

This is a first cut, please let me known if I made any math or rule
errors.  Feel free to discuss design *in light of Nekton standard
practices/preferences* please.	Yes, ther are some (human-centric)
inefficiencies but that is the Alien in... I mean "for" you, of course!

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: [FT] Spare Parts was: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA Next: RE: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question