Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: [SG2] New 25mm Miniature Line

RE: [FT] Rules Questions

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:04:54 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] Rules Questions

> Honostly, fighter swarming seems like a valid tactic
> to me, especially if you're playing a campaign where
> you are conquering planets and using limited resources
> to build your fleet.

<snip>

> I suppose that it would really depend on if you are
> playing morale rules....very few cultures would throw
> away people to what is essentially kamakazi attacks.

It would also depend on your supply lines.  If you can't supply your
attack
fleet with new fighters as fast as they loose them, your carriers end up
virtually toothless after a couple of battles.	Lots of variables here,
but
any expendable ordinance based fleet (missiles or fighters) can't go too
far
away from its core worlds or you must have defended convoys of
freighters
for bring new ordinance to the front.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/

Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: [SG2] New 25mm Miniature Line