Prev: RE: Question Next: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:18:09 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG] Close Assault Questions

No. To make the assault, it is only based on the unit's confidence
level.

To stand against the assault, the odds are used.

So the single CO/Vet/1 could attack at TL 0.
The 8 CO/Grn/3's would roll to stand the assault at TL+1.

If the situation is reversed (8 CO/Grn/3's attack a single CO/Vet/1),
the
Greens would roll to assault at TL0 and the Vet would roll to stand at
TL+8.

In either case (if the defender stands), the Vet need only roll 7 or
better
to kill all 8 of the green troops without a scratch.

This is why I think that Tom & Los' rule is good.

Another option would be to make each side roll for each paired elements.
That is in the 1 Vet vs 8 Greens situation. Each Green would roll once.
and
the Vet would roll 8 times. Each pair of rolls would be compared
seperatly.
This increases the chance that one of the Green's will get lucky (or the
Vet
will get unlucky). This, may slow down the game, however.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
-----