Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: Heavy Flamers was "Re: [SG] WotW"

Re: [SG] WotW

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:07:37 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [SG] WotW

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, John Atkinson wrote:

> --- Derk Groeneveld <derk@cistron.nl> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, John Atkinson wrote:
> >
> > > I've never heard of a flamethrower with more than
> > > 100m, even the big Ruskie T-55 mounted ones.
> >
> > TPO-50 cart-mounted flamethrower. Range 180m, with
> > thickened fuel.
>
> The mind boggles.

Sure does! Now, all the other ones in my copy of janes were 50-80 meters
range. Of course, since it's Jane's Infantry Weapons, the vehicle
mounted
ones ain't there.

> Of course, if we're simulating this, then even a minor
> hit should kill whomever is hauling it around--and
> with a hellish morale penalty to all friendly
> units--your wonder weapon just exploded and killed
> your crew.

Or count the trailer as a seperate target, a wound on the trailer (d4
armour?) blows up the whole group? Have to admit I have NO idea how
realistic this is, though.

Cheers,

  Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE6xD7OJXH58oo6ncURApcyAKDXxi4IZ4D9eUX8NjLS1H430JVUwACgq4J+
t/7lVYC1wxPm5pe1MIc2K6U=
=jUgV

Prev: Re: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: Heavy Flamers was "Re: [SG] WotW"