Prev: RE: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: [SG] WotW

Re: WotD Laser Targeting

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:59:42 -0800
Subject: Re: WotD Laser Targeting

"Robertson, Brendan" wrote:

> Oh, goody.  Something that says "shoot me" in even bigger neon
letters...
> ;-)

Yup :) Forgot to add that you could fire a GMS back along the beam to
the targeter.

> 2 changes just looking at it;
> 1.	  Require a fire action to "lock" the target (requires a minor
> success).

That would mean now it requires 3 actions to use it. Could you put that
as part of the setup you have to have a fire action to lock? Still
requires an action to take down.

> 2.	  Make the comms roll both Ld added (ie: Red 2 calling Green 3
=> roll
> 6+ on d12).

Well since that's only done when trying to boost moral of a unit I'd
stay away from that mechanic. Perhaps rolling as artillery fire.

> You don't want to be doing this while in the open, as your opponent
would
> get an action to negate the problem (as you couldn't fire the GMS
until your
> next activation, same as 0 inbound artillery).
> Also, the laser designator would probably need to replace one of the
regular
> squaddies weapons (or IAVR).

I'd say you'd have to have a designated laser carrier. He could have a
rifle and the laser but that's it.

Prev: RE: WotD Laser Targeting Next: Re: [SG] WotW