Prev: Re: Fighter mass Next: Publishing the out of print bits of MT (was RE: In praise of Cott age Industry)

Re: [FT] Rules Questions

From: kaime@m...
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 01:07:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Rules Questions

-----Original Message-----
From: Robertson, Brendan <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au>
To: 'gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu' <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Date: Friday, March 30, 2001 12:33 AM

>2. Under FTFB1-2, there is no minimum size for a carrier, as long as
>you have enough mass.	Theoretically you could build a carrier of 9
mass (1
>hull, MD 3, FTL, 1 fighter bay), but most of the fighters will
surrender as
>soon as the carriers go pop.  MT has been superseded by FTFB1-2.
>
>3. No maximum size either, but ships of more than 300 mass really
>belong under the Supership rules from MT, as they're just too big to
fight
>against.
>
>4. No maximum number of squadrons; again, if you have the mass, you can
>do it.

What about page 16 of the Full Thrust rulebook, top left cornor where it
state only specific ships can have fighters also giving hanger capacity
limits?  I find no place stating this rule is no longer somehow in
effect.

The situation  that started this thread was our opponents tonight
fielded
five ships, each TMF 80, that combined launched about 22 fighter groups.
Yes these 80 TMF ships sometimes had 5 hangers each.

David (started this thread) and I encountered thes ships tonight at out
weekly games here in Atlanta.  Maybe it's legal, but somehow it also
seems
odd.

Could Jon clear this up?  Is there an official ruling out there
somewhere?

Prev: Re: Fighter mass Next: Publishing the out of print bits of MT (was RE: In praise of Cott age Industry)