Prev: Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question Next: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

Re: [SG] WotW

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:24:39 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG] WotW

John Atkinson wrote:
> > Flamers in SGII are terror weapons but of only close
> > assault range. Now
>
> Realistic.  On a real flame thrower you're talking
> maybe 30m of range.  Maybe.  3"

Yes but that's infantry carried. We're talking vehicle mounted now.
Close combat only for infantry ones is quite reasonable.

> I've never heard of a flamethrower with more than
> 100m, even the big Ruskie T-55 mounted ones.

Check the books. They're out there. Scary thought but they have a range
of almost 200m.

Prev: Re: [FT] B5 Ships Scale Question Next: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle