Prev: Was In praise of Cottage Industry Now BDS outcry :) Next: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA

Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:45:56 -0800
Subject: Re: Escort class vessels in line of battle

Beth Fulton wrote:
> Then you break the line and go one behind the other (or try to).
Vector can
> be hard to do fancy stuff in, but it is possible (though I fly fast
ships
> mind you).

Trust 6+ eh

> Yep that can happen, but even then you can get a few
> surprises.....submunition packs in the aft arc can be annoying to even
> moderately large ships ;)

Or my B3 aft arcs that I have for no reason except the model has em.

> Guess it just comes down to different playing styles. I like dancing
around
> and my opponents don't always know what to expect so our games don't
play
> out the same way very often ;)

I like that too but found out that it dies horribly to massed fleets.

>  >Unfortunately we havn't started mission based games yet....
>
> Its fun ;)
>
> I also guess we tend to avoid the potential problems you remedy with
> terrain, by playing missions or campaigns every now and again.

Yeah I could see that. Waiting to get back into it with some new SSDs so
we can start up the game again. That and I have to paint up my Sa'Vasku
fleet still. Ah, so many miniatures, so little time.

Prev: Was In praise of Cottage Industry Now BDS outcry :) Next: Re: [DSII] Stratchbuilding AA