Prev: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry Next: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives)

Re: Fleet Escorts

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:14:25 EST
Subject: Re: Fleet Escorts

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:58:53 -0500 "David Reeves"
[snip]

>we use the house rule that PDS and ADFC may fire at any fighters
>within
>range -- not just ones that fire on the escort.  that way, large
>capital
>ships can be screened from pesky fighters and missles -- the true
>escort
>mission.  so if an enemy wants a shot at your big ship, they gotta
>neutralize/cripple/destroy enough escorts to do it.  it seemed like
>common
>sense to us anyway....
>
>Dave

Would this come under the rule that says that (in FT/2nd) that an area
defense (ADAF) can fire on fighters attacking any ship within 6" of the
ADAF equipped ship, even if the fighters are more then 6" from the ADAF
equipped ship itself?

Thus any ADFC equipped ships could screen other ships (capital, other
cruisers, transports, merchants) in a formation where the ships being
screened are within 6" of the ADFC equipped ship?

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: In praise of Cottage Industry Next: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives)