Prev: Re: [SG] Close Assault Questions Next: RE: Re: [OT] space cats (was: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives)

Re: Thanks to all at GZG-ECC III

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:35:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Thanks to all at GZG-ECC III

"Davis, Jonathan E (CRD)" wrote:

> Uh oh!  I just had a thought.  Had I (the Martians) whacked any one
> of Chan's (the Venusians), the Mercurians would have won!?!  NUTS!
>
> I would have loved to have poked that one at Aaron (Jupiter)!

    When you come in second by just one point, you tend to replay the
scenario in your mind a bit.  When you have to drive home from the con,
you
have some time to think. <g>  I thought about that, too.  I don't want
to go
into too much detail, since Keith may want to run this scenario again
some
time.  But if I had to do things over again, I would have ignored the
possibility of a "diplomatic incident," and taken a bit more immediate
action. <g>
    At any rate, "Retort" was the best finish I've ever had in a game of
Full Thrust, so I can't complain.  Coming in second by a single point,
to a
quality player like Aaron isn't exactly a poor showing.  I would have
been
ecstatic had I been able to pull off a close second in any of my
previous FT
games, instead of the usual outcome.  I've gotten to the point where I
now
bring a bowling ball bag to FT games.  It helps when I have to carry my
head
back home. <g>

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: Re: [SG] Close Assault Questions Next: RE: Re: [OT] space cats (was: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives)