Prev: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: Chit-based FT?

Re: Starship Basing Alternatives

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:06:53 +0200
Subject: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives

Frits Kuijlman wrote:

>There are some photos in More thrust (I think) of bigger bases used
for >capital ships. There are still spindly, but they seem to be metal,
and are >probably quite heavy. I haven't a clue though where to get
those.

You're thinking of the big transport ship under attack by fighters on
MT p.11, no? That's the same type of base which GW used for the "Space
Fleet" capital ships. All plastic, but AFAIK they're long since out of
production.

Shawn M Mininger wrote:

>OK, the nice metal bases you can get at the same place you order all
the >official FT miniatures......GeoHex!!!

I suspect that Eli (who originally asked for metal bases) lives in
Germany, however. If that's correct, then ordering trans-atlantic from
GeoHex is rather expensive.

GZG make metal posts for their standard plastic hex bases, though. Much
nearer, and cheaper :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: Chit-based FT?