Prev: Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives

Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

From: "Mark 'Indy' Kochte" <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:06:52 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Chit-based FT? Re: Fleet Escorts

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> > In the combat phase, ships alternate fire as normal within its
thrust
> > group. In other words, all MD8 ships alternate fire, then all MD6,
> > etc.
>
> This brings to mind a question I had some time ago.
>
> In fairly large battles, does anyone ever find difficulty remembering
which
> ships have fired?
>
> I first thought of simple markers that would be placed next to fired
ships.
> Then, what the heck, you could allocate your firing order if the chits
were
> marked with a number, and you could place them reversed if you didn't
want
> your opponent to know your order of fire, and allocate his
accordingly.

> This seemed pretty simple as the ships would have completed there
movement,
> and the chits wouldn't have to follow ships, then I thought, you could
> incorporate an idea I had, and we may have discussed, about mid-point
> shots, at which point my head was hurting severely, and I decided to
see if
> anyone else had tried any of this.

I've seen the use of chits, discs, dice, etc to mark which ships have
fired and which hadn't. One other method that I usually use (usually
means also when it's 2-4 of us, not a larger group) is to divide out
the SSDs. I make 1 SSD for each ship in play, then put the SSDs off
to one side for the ships that have fired, and keep the unfired SSDs
on the other side [of me]. It's a very informal system, means shuffling
a lot of paper when an already-fired ship is fired upon and takes
damage, but at the end of the day (or evening, or night, or morning,
depending on how long you're playing) it works okay.

Just another way to do. Not necessarily the best.

Mk

Prev: Re: Fleet Escorts Next: Re: Starship Basing Alternatives