Prev: Something kind of cool: SG2 turn by turn Next: Re: [SG] Scenario Idea--LONG

Re: [sg] Starting Forces

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 19:39:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [sg] Starting Forces

--- Derk Groeneveld <derk@cistron.nl> wrote:

> Nice ideas :) Ever considered putting them up for
> the stargrunt.com site?

I could swear I saw it somewhere else (anyone wanna
claim it?  It may have been a post on the list) but
since it doesn't seem to be up there I'll clean up the
idea and mail off to the site guy.

> *grin* I deal a lot more with navy folks than army
> folks, so I wouldn't > know. And that'd be a
well-trained navy, for the > most of it (dutch)

Isn't that the outfit that unionized it's military
once?

> Of course. I mean, those line troops are just noisy
> useless louts that'd
> just give them away, anyway ;)

No--it's just that your snipers are more used for
calling for fire.  By the time you've got line troops
up they can call for fire.

> Also, as you know from all SF movies, line troops
> walk along ridgelines
> and such, nicely silhouetting (SP?) themselves.

Speaking as a line doggie myself. . .

> > divisional CP.  The Rangers lost.)
>
> LOL. Love the anecdote. What HHC, though?

2nd Infantry Division D-Main.

John

Prev: Something kind of cool: SG2 turn by turn Next: Re: [SG] Scenario Idea--LONG