Prev: RE: Destroyers Next: Re: [OT]: Trailers, John A, and Barbarians

[OT] Barbarians

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:47:26 -0500
Subject: [OT] Barbarians

John said:

Presumably one takes one's best snipers offline to run
one's sniper school?

==> Uh....yeah. If (and I say _if_) I beleive you take your good
marksmen
offline, you certainly make them instructors, not administrators. And
you
don't get to be a Colonel overnight, so I'm thinking you'd have been out
of
sniping actively for a long time...

Well, there's some speculation that the officer in
question was actually an unknown NCO who was assigned
officer rank by the propoganda machine.  We'll never
know since the Whermacht destroyed his records after
his death.

==> I could see that. I could also see it as quite likely this whole
tale is
fanciful apocrypha of war, and not actually comparable to any real
events
per se. I doubt the events transpired very much as they do in the movie.
However, that doesn't mean it can't be considered an interesting film.

==> After all SPR was considered fantastic, even though the mission it

Prev: RE: Destroyers Next: Re: [OT]: Trailers, John A, and Barbarians