Prev: Re: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

Re: [FT] Needle Beam questions

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:41:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Needle Beam questions

> What I see as being the problem is that Fire Controls and Engines
> will be the most common target of these systems. Not being
> repairable I can see being a big problem, if I make a fleet with NB's
> as it's primary weapon system. So, I'll open up the floor.

You've hit on the one thing that we've already decided in a thread last
week
really creates a reason for the smaller ships.	If you swarm a BB or DN
with
needle-beam armed ships, you should be able to seriously reduce the
threat
by taking out Firecons.  The answer?  Small ships to protect your bigs
ships
from the small ships!

> Do people think FC's and Engines should not be targetable by
> NB's? Much like Control Systems for FC's their main
> instrumentation would be internal, with multiple redundant external
> systems? And Engines being too large/armoured to be affected by
> the precision strikes?

FC's and Engines need to be targetable, especially if the rule is to
make
sense.	Surface features on a ship can be targeted, that would certainly
apply to engines, and I can't imagine that their aren't surface features
for
the Firecon systems.

George

Prev: Re: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)