Prev: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: Re: [FT] Needle Beam questions

Re: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

From: "stranger" <stranger@c...>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:30:30 -0500
Subject: Re: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

> Not all Governments allow you to vote for or against the people
> who make the laws. Take the USA where I live for example. Even
> though we pay lip service to "democratic methods" we are not close
> ourselves. Look at our last presenential election. The man with the
> popular vote lost. How can that be?

You forget that the President was never intended to be elected by
popular
votes.	The United States was orginally formed as a governement
representing
the states, and the man that most of the states wanted was elected.  The
United States is not, nor has it ever been, nor was ever intended to be
true democracy.  The intent was to allow the people only to elect their
representative.  Even senators were chosen by the states with whatever
method the states determined.  Even the name of the country should give
away
the basis of its government, we are the United STATES of America, NOT
the
United PEOPLES of America.

Anyway, to the original topic, I still don't see the UNSC as a
government,
but more like the only way the four powers could keep fighting their
wars
without destroying humanity.  They don't trust each other to protect teh
core worlds, so they charge the UN with doing it.  That way, they can
fight
their wars, and home sweet home is none the less for wear.

Its easy to fight a war, when the destruction is occuring many light
years
away.

George

Prev: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: Re: [FT] Needle Beam questions