Prev: RE: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:53:09 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

In a message dated 3/15/01 11:39:35 AM Central Standard Time,
Daniel.Casquilho@disney.com writes:

> Not all Governments allow you to vote for or against the people
> who make the laws. Take the USA where I live for example. Even
> though we pay lip service to "democratic methods" we are not close
> ourselves. Look at our last presenential election. The man with the
> popular vote lost. How can that be?

I would note that we are nOT a democracy but a Republic under the
umbrella of
the constitution, a document which founded this nation in all reality.
The
last election did indeed have a minority president elected. He is not
the
first to be so elected. Truman was one, a third party candidate meant
that a
majority of voters voted for someone other than Harry S. Yet he was the
constitutionally elected president of the US as is Dubya. Mind you, I
voted
for Gore but in a state that went to Bush, so Dubya, minority president
or
not is indeed the constitutionally elected president of this republic
(not
democracy at all).

Prev: RE: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)