Prev: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

From: "Casquilho, Daniel" <Daniel.Casquilho@d...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:40:01 -0800
Subject: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

Laserlight,

Not all Governments allow you to vote for or against the people
who make the laws. Take the USA where I live for example. Even
though we pay lip service to "democratic methods" we are not close
ourselves. Look at our last presenential election. The man with the
popular vote lost. How can that be?

Many times Senators or Congressmen who are from States I do not
live in are Chairmen in Committees that kill bills I want to see
move forward or push bills forward I do not want and I did not
vote for them nor do I have a say in their being placed in a
place of power over my life.

Another example? My City and County both can enact Taxes on my land
without my say. They hide these Taxes behind words like "assessment",
"easement", or "levy". "Taxation without representation?" All the time
here in the good ol' US of A

Last Example? The American Court system has started to be used to
"make law" rather then "interpret law". Again, in most cases these
are Judges appointed not voted in. And in the case of the US Supreme
Court they are in for life.

It is not that hard for me to see the UNSC/UN to be something like
what Jon has created in his background. Many times the people in power
do not ask the masses what they want, but do what is in the interest of
those in power.

Prev: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)