Prev: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

From: "Mike J." <pmj6@y...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:25:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)

--- Popeyesays@aol.com wrote:
> Standard Time, steve@pugh.net
> writes:
>

> > And what gives the UN the rights to that space in
> order to rent it
> > out? If the NAC parks something in a geostationary
> orbit above North
> > America it's not going to pay somebody else for
> the privilege of
> > doing so.
> >

> It will if it has treaty obligations to do so.

Why would NAC and other powers agree on something like
that in the first place? What's in it for them? There
has to be some kind of quid pro quo here. So far we've
seen plenty of examples of what major powers might be
doing for the UNSC, but what is the UNSC doing for the
major powers that they can't do themselves?

Mike J.

=====
Visit 20th Century/Future Wargame Resource page
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart/1966/

Prev: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant) Next: RE: RE: [FT] UNSC (emotional rant)