Prev: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: Re: [DS] Infantry Base Question

Re: [DS] Infantry Base Question

From: Noel Weer <nsweer@i...>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 10:26:08 -0600
Subject: Re: [DS] Infantry Base Question

What I did, was get some of the light hover jeeps (DSM113) and assigned
one to each of my infantry platoons as the command figure. It works
pretty well, as it keeps me from trying to track a specific element as
the leader, and looks pretty nice when the APCs are moving along with
the jeep mixed in with them.

But, my understanding is that any of the elements can be the platoon
leader. Painting a colored marker on the bottom is a good idea. I should

still do that to indicate the who would take over if the jeep was
toasted.

Casquilho, Daniel wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>	Another Question. I have started to base my Dirtside Troops.
> I am using Jon's troop stands my troops. I was going to use the four
> men stand for "Rifle Elements", three men stands for my PA elements,
> and the two man stands for "special" elements like GMS/L or Artillery
> Observers etc.
>	As I was working out my scheme I realized I was unsure of one
> thing, can the Squad/Platoon Leader be any element within that unit?
>
> Example Platoon:
>
> 2 GMS/L Teams (2 Elements)
> 6 Rifle Teams (6 Elements)
> 4 APCs (4 Vehicles)
>
>	Could the Platoon Leader be one of the APCs? Or could it be
> one of the GMS/L teams? Does it have to be one of the Rifle Teams?
>
>	I ask because as I paint up the stands I was thinking of
painting

--
The Middle Ages were a great time to be alive,
because if you weren't wiped out by the Plague

Prev: Re: Tin Cans versus Dreadnoughts Next: Re: [DS] Infantry Base Question