Prev: [ft] wotw - needlebeams Next: FW: London Times Article

Re: A interesting sample from Eureka

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 22:07:09 EST
Subject: Re: A interesting sample from Eureka

I got one with the tanks, seems right next to them but most of my SF
stuff is Scotia, GHQ and clones from WW2, modern and WW1 in that order.
So it's a class 5 APC compared to my 'normal'  APC's. Actually it's a
class 5 Heavy Scout/Combat Car... and what scale troops would you put in
it in the present size?  1/200th?  10mm?

Really cool but it dwarfs the Scotia APC's... and competes with the M!'s
from GHQ!

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious (American Mongrel)
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines! (Die, Ralnai, Die!)
Starguard, Dirtside 2,	Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar Conflicts
and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 17:18:57 -0600 Noel Weer <nsweer@ice.net> writes:

>Derek Fulton wrote:
>
><<SNIPP>>
>
>> But now to the REALLY INTERESTING thing, Nic included a sample of a
>> prototype 6mm miniature, a 6mm version of the Hammers Slammers Hover
>
>> Combat Car. Nic says it's a direct reduction of the resin 25mm
>miniature
>> and as such is larger the usual (approx 30mm long, 17mm wide and 8mm
>
>> high) when compared to the Dirtside 6mm and FutureWars range, but it
>is
>> a VERY NICE miniature. It doesn't have the splinter shield seen on
>the
>> miniatures used in the South London Warlords Hammers Slammers demo
>game,
>> but Nic tells me that it would be no problem to include the shield;
>>
>> http://www.salute.co.uk/slammers3/index.htm
>>
>> Click on Tanks & APCs and then Combat Cars to see what I mean.
>
>This miniature is very nice. Nic also included a sample in an order I
>just received, and while I may be biased because the idea came up in
>some emails Nic and I exchanged re: suggestions for a possible 6mm
>version of the "100 Club", I am quite impressed.
>
>The level of detail on the smaller size compares quite nicely to the
>25mm version. The size is a bit large - it looks like you could almost
>
>fit figures in the back to man the guns, which makes it look better
>next
>to infantry rather than vehicles... Not sure if that is a good or a
>bad
>thing scale-wise.
>
>Either way, I really look forward the idea of this figure becoming
>available, because I can already see it being a key support element
>for
>my infantry... :)
>

>> What Nic would like to know is this; Should the miniature remain at
>it's
>> current size (it's a big APC like the Phalanx) or should he reduce
>it
>> further and bring it into line with other DSM 6mm miniatures
>(comparable
>> to the Gauntlet hover APC)? For those interested give me a day or so
>and
>> give the sample a wash to pick out detail and borrow my friends
>digital
>> camera photograph it and post a picture of it (with other miniatures
>for
>> comparison) on our site.
>>
>> Derek
>> Derek Fulton
>> 12 Balaka st.
>> Rosny, Hobart.
>> Tasmania,  7018.
>> Australia

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: [ft] wotw - needlebeams Next: FW: London Times Article