Prev: Re: GZG-ECC IV summary Next: Re: Grenades in FMA (and PA)

Re: FT-WotW

From: "Matthew Smith" <matt@s...>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:25:44 -0000
Subject: Re: FT-WotW

Izenberg, Noam said:

> > human railguns (asraised by Matthew Smith),
>
> My personal bias is to just rename K-guns. There's not logic in
creating
> something that is basically a K-gun and give it  a differnet mechanic
just
> so Humans can use them.

I disagree. I think that just re-naming K-Guns removes some of the
individuality of both KVs and humans. KVs and Humans both have their own
very individual fighting style, and by porting the main KV weapon
directly
to the humans this is spoiled. The main human weapons are beams and (to
far lesser extent) SMLs, giving them KV K-Guns provides a third primary
weapon option that does not fit with their "image". I think that humans
should have railguns, but that they should be fairly different in key
ways
from the K-Guns. They should definately not be as hard-hitting - that's
what
the KVs are good at. This is just my opinion.

Matthew Smith

Prev: Re: GZG-ECC IV summary Next: Re: Grenades in FMA (and PA)