Prev: Grenades in FMA Next: RE: GZGECC Fun Report

RE: Grenades in FMA

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:34:01 -0500
Subject: RE: Grenades in FMA

Magic Makowsky wrote:
> Some good ideas.  That would have made quite a difference.  Then
though
> there is the problem of moving up in the face of grenades.  Would we
> have been willing to keep momentum in the face of certain death?

Sure, we could have sent Indy and Banzai Frock in first.

"Bulletproof" Rick Rutherford replied:
>That's a good question, but it's only certain death if you know where
the
other guys are... we would have to play a double-blind game to keep the
players from having too much information, and if you don't know what's
in
the next room, then you have to take precautions (like tossing in one of
your own grenades) before you go in.
>Unfortunately, double-blind games are slower, because players are much
more careful about running down a hallway if they have to stop and check
out every single door.

I think the God's-Eye View was a problem--I was trying only to respond
to what I could have seen, but I know a couple of guys made the
assumption that their sensors could tell them what was out the door,
down the hall, through the room and down another hall.	Which is okay as
long as everyone's playing the same way.

I think next time I'd try a semi-blind system, in which only one man per
fire team is on the board, and the opposing players don't know whether
the rest of the team is clustered around or 10 meters away.  When the
enemy got LOS, the GM would place the figures based on common sense and
the players' standing instructions ("we're right behind" or "we're
trailing at 5 meter intervals" or whatever).  You might also have a
couple of dummies--call them sensor drones or something.  And everyone
within X meters knows where moving Power Armor is, everyone hears
gunfire and grenades, etc.

http://www.mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Grenades in FMA Next: RE: GZGECC Fun Report