Prev: Re: Good AAR Techniques Next: Re: [SG] Re: Powered Armor Reading List

Re: PA books

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:02:56 GMT
Subject: Re: PA books

In message
<417DEC289A05D4118408000102362E0A54CB2B@host-253.bitheads.com>
	  "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@bitheads.com> wrote:

> For some reason, the names Sassinak and Death of Sleep (Jody Lyn
Nye?/Ann
> McCaffree?/CJ Cherryh? - some of those three...) comes to mind. I
recollect
> a great deal of detail made out of suits of PA used in FMAS style
boarding
> combat (to repel boarders). It also made comments about how (as your
skill
> increased with PA), you could turn the amplification of reflex and
muscle to
> higher levels. A semi competent user had to set to 110-150%. A
profficient
> user about 200%, a good user 250-300%. A true expert could go as high
as
> 400% for short bursts. This is like reflecting the increasing quality
of
> troops as a factor in their reactions and combat quality (and the
doubling
> of PA...).
>
> My 0.02. I'm going into hybernation now to prepare for FMAS at GZG
ECC. And
> to finish preparing Team Red Maple for the Full Thrust game on Sunday
> morning. Two SG2 players from Canada vs. the Elite American FT
team.... it
> should be interesting. We'll give them a go.....  <*grin*>
>
> I expect a good turnout for post Friday and Post Saturday night gaming
-
> Probably Formula De, Lunch Money, Trailer Park Gods, and other
strangeness
> until our constitution fails us.... <Game or Die!>
>
> Tomb

IIRC these are 2 of a 3-book series (I _think_ the 3rd is 'Generation
Warriors' but brain is a bit mushy ATM) - All were by Ann McCaffre, in
colaberation with Elizabeth Moon for at least the 1st and 3rd.
The 2nd - The death of Sleep, should be considered a warning about
gratuatously going into hyb/cryo/stasis/etc. :-)

Prev: Re: Good AAR Techniques Next: Re: [SG] Re: Powered Armor Reading List