Prev: Re: (SG) New GMS rounds Next: [OT] Interesting Article vis a vis the USS Greeneville Incident

Re: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:56:16 -0500
Subject: Re: More needle beams stuff on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Digest Number 149

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:08:54 EST, Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
wrote:

>Bottom line, most people find it unbalancing to use Needle Beams for
>targeting core systems.  Okay, I am in a minority.  Been there before.
>will keep it specific to certain scenarios in my "Starguard Conversion
>FT/DS2 Campaign" setting - where only the otherwise somewhat bland
>extremely paranoid to the point of mild to moderate xenophobia Nektons
>will be routinely mounting Needle Beams on their ships.

Well, it is unbalancing. One single needle beam shot could essentially
take
out the entire ship. You would have people loading up on needle beams
only and
targeting the core systems. The needle beams aren't expensive enough for
that.

Now, as a scenario specific game, sure. Go for it! It's one of the
things I
like about FT. It's very flexible.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: (SG) New GMS rounds Next: [OT] Interesting Article vis a vis the USS Greeneville Incident