Prev: [OT]: GROPOS Next: Re: That Age Thing

re: Re: That Age Thing

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:53:37 -0500
Subject: re: Re: That Age Thing

> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:05:26 -0600
> From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefertma@wauknet.com>
> Subject: Re: That Age Thing

[snip]

>     I have just one question:  What's the age limit on having a good
time in
> this society?  Where is does it say (beside that stupid St. Paul
quote) that
> I can't have a little "childish" fun?    Huh.... HUH!!!  ANSWER ME!
> <sob.... sob....>

I believe the quote you are looking for is:

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

if that doesn't work, try:

"I'm learning military history.  How do you think they train West Point
officers?"

it's all about how old you think/feel/act.  I never wanna be one of
those
overly mature, can't-have-fun-types.   I'm 39 and have been wargaming &
minis since I was 12 -- before that it was army men/boardgaming.  my
kids
are play some of the oldies from my childhood (originals).

my kids 10 and 7.5 (and wife of 15 yrs) have all learned a good bit of
military history and game theory.  my 10-yr-old son never tires of
wargaming!!!  my wife says that she rather have me game than "cause
trouble
and chase women".

man, this really turned into a nostalgic thread.  I've enjoyed reading
about everyone's background.  it kinda helps get to know folks you
correspond with.

Prev: [OT]: GROPOS Next: Re: That Age Thing