Prev: Re: General EMP Thoughts Next: Re: Some more comments to the WeapDef archive

SW Ion Cannon was: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:54:20 GMT
Subject: SW Ion Cannon was: [FT] WotW 2: EMP Weapons

In message <200102192028.VAA17751@d1o960.telia.com>
	  "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

> Charles Taylor wrote:
>
> >>The B-wing fighters have ion cannon as well, and there are several
> >>shots of B-wings firing in RotJ. 'Course, those ion cannon are much
> >>smaller than the ground installation on Hoth so their impact is very
> >>much smaller - you never see a B-wing disable a Star Destroyer
>>with
> a single shot ;-)
> >
> >Hmm.. but are the B-wings firing something that looks like the Hoth
> >Ion Cannon blast, or does someone say 'firing ion cannon' as they
> >fire?
>
> IIRC they're mentioned, but I don't remember where I saw that
> reference. Considering the size difference between the Hoth gun and a
> B-wing I'd be somewhat surprised if the blasts look the same though -
> it'd be like expecting fireworks look the same as a launching ICBM :-/
>
> Later,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
> "Life is like a sewer.
>   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> - Hen3ry

I meant same colour - the Hoth Cannon Ion Bolts were a fairly
distinctive colour - and different from both Imperial and Rebel
blaster/'turbolaser' fire.

I suspect the reference was one of the tech manuals or a West End Games
supplement.

Prev: Re: General EMP Thoughts Next: Re: Some more comments to the WeapDef archive